This article may contain affiliate links where we earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
As women, we strive to conquer our fitness through products or equipment that will make it easier for us, so what are the best bikes for women’s fitness?
Are you tired of getting on a bike and thinking: The manufacturers did not make this bike with the female body and structure in mind? The best bikes for women’s fitness are at-home stationary bikes for those who want to work on their fitness levels but don’t have time to go to a gym. It can also include bikes to use for commuting or adding rides into a weekly schedule, like hybrid bikes and comfort and cruiser bikes.
The best bikes for women's fitness are:
- Dmasun Indoor Stationary Bike
- Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B Pro Indoor Exercise Bike
- Women’s Health Men’s Health Indoor Cycling Bike
- Schwinn Fitness Upright Bike
- Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
- Yesoul S Indoor Exercise Bike
- Peloton Bike+ exercise bike
- Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike
- Hirollop Standing Desk Exercise Bike
- Schwinn AD Airdyne Bike
Manufacturers making bikes for women specifically need to consider certain things. Women's stature, strength, and build will influence the bike's design. The frame needs to be smaller and lighter to benefit women, and the saddle needs to be broader and more cushioned.
Let's look at which bikes would be best for you as a woman to buy that will help keep your fitness level in check while still comfortable enough to ride. I researched the best bikes for women, and as a woman, I can highly recommend any of these products.
10 Best Exercise Bikes For Women’s Fitness
You might be one of those people who would cycle in-house and catch up on your favorite series or movies, or maybe this is your best attempt to get fit and keep your fitness levels up. To keep a household running, you might need to save as much time as possible. Here are a few of the best exercise bikes tried and tested by women.
1. Dmasun Indoor Stationary Bike
This exercise bike can be a great addition to your training. The bike manufacturers are so confident in the structure and lifetime of their bikes that they give you a 12-month warranty on the parts. The LCD screen might give you the thought that the price tag would be outrageous, but it is not and will cost you only $265.
The digital screen will help you track all things fitness, including heart rate, calories burned, distance, and time you cycled. The embedded heart rate monitor in the handlebars is a great extra. They also adjusted the reach of the seat from the handlebars, making it women-friendly.
Pros of the Dmasun Stationary Bike:
- Heavy flywheel, more stable, and lasts longer
- Magnetic resistance lasts longer, and they eliminate the usual issue of replacing the brake pads.
- A cheaper option than others that have the same features.
Cons of the Dmasun Stationary Bike:
- This bike takes up space in your house because of its size.
2. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B901 Pro Indoor Exercise Bike
The Sunny Health & Fitness exercise bike might not come with extras and a digital screen, but it sure is a perfect bike if you want to focus on your fitness level. Turn the knob to adjust the difficulty level and get ready to sweat it out.
The 4-way adjustable seat and 2-way adjustable handlebars make it pretty great for women to find it comfortable. The price isn’t bad, sitting at more or less $290.
Pros of the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B901 Pro Indoor Bike:
- A big flywheel makes it sturdy, and added wheels make it movable to store after use.
- Levelers make it easy to set on uneven surfaces like carpets.
Cons of the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-B901 Pro Indoor Bike:
- The resistance knob doesn't have numbers on it.
- No special features like a monitor.
3. Women’s Health Men’s Health Indoor Cycling Bike
Women's Health Magazine manufactured a stationary bike, and you can imagine how perfect it will be for women. It is compact, and you can move it after use. It has a stand for your tablet or phone on the handlebars to follow your chosen online workout.
They listened to their readers and got a few things on point. The bike gives you accurate readings of calories burned, etc., considering the resistance level you are training at and the time you are cycling. These readings are possible with the MyCloudfitness App, giving you the stats and access to great workouts. The price tag on this bike is about $450.
Pros of the Women’s Health Men’s Health Bike:
- Mount for your tablet or phone
- App compatible
- Extra-soft seat for women
Cons of the Women’s Health Men’s Health Bike:
- You will have to buy additional pedals if you want to use clip-in shoes
4. Schwinn Fitness 130 Upright Bike
This upright bike will challenge your fitness levels in the comfort of your own home. With 16 resistance levels and an LCD screen providing 13 different workouts, this bike will help you increase your fitness. The seat is comfortable for women, and you can adjust the seat height to your needs. The price of this bike is about $400.
Pros of the Schwinn Fitness 130:
- It comes with 13 free workouts
Cons of the Schwinn Fitness 130:
- Limited tracking available on LCD
5. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
Suppose you want to up your fitness at home, but your budget is tight; you can opt for this bike. With a price under $200, you will be surprised by your results. The seat is adjustable and fits people from 5’3” comfortably. The resistance levels are also well thought out to be compatible with any fitness level. A soft, comfortable seat is a bonus when buying this bike.
Pros of the Exerpeutic folding bike:
- Easy to put together, and you can store it away when it's not in use.
- It has over 20 000 reviews.
Cons of the Exerpeutic folding bike:
- Very simplistic and doesn't have many features.
- The LED screen doesn't have a backlight, making it difficult to see in the dark.
6. Yesoul S3 Indoor Exercise Bike
This bike looks like a lady but can give you a mean workout. You can plan and reach your desired fitness goals with 100 different resistance levels and a heart rate monitor. The Bluetooth connectivity opens a world of exercises on the various apps you can link.
A mount is available to place your phone or tablet on and follow your desired program. The size of the bike is 5,5 feet making it compact and not taking up much space in your home. The price tag on this bike is around $580.
Pros of the Yesoul S3 exercise bike:
- Very quiet, making no noises when pedaling or braking
- 100 resistance levels
Cons of the Yesoul S3 exercise bike:
- The adjustments are not that versatile to accommodate shorter women
- The seat is small
7. Peloton Bike+ exercise bike
One of the most famous exercise bikes you might have heard of before. They strive to deliver a whole exercise experience in the comfort of your home, with this bike+ bringing you all workouts to the big screen on the bike. The screen can swivel for you to do floor exercises as well.
They are so confident about their bikes that they give the client a 30-day test trial. You buy the bike, and then you can test it for 30 days. If you are not 100% satisfied, they will send someone to pick it up and reimburse you with 100% of the amount paid.
The price is much higher than any other brands and comes in at $2495 usually. If you visit Peloton’s website, you might find occasional specials.
Pros of the Peloton Bike+ exercise bike:
- It has the top features currently on the market
- Not noisy at all
Cons of the Peloton Bike+ exercise bike:
- Very expensive in comparison to other at-home bikes
- The screen is only compatible with Peloton Apps, which cost extra money for the monthly subscription.
8. Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike
Another great bike to consider when you want to work on your fitness levels at home. Great for women also because the seat is cushioned and can adjust 4-ways, and the maximum weight is 270 pounds.
It has an LCD monitor to track your statistics and a mount for your phone or tablet to follow workouts or catch up on series. The price of this bike varies between $300 and $350 depending on whether you want to add extra magnetic resistance.
Pros of the Yosuda indoor bike:
- Multifunctional with a mount for the device and an LCD screen to track stats.
- It comes with video assembly instructions, making it easy to put together.
Cons of the Yosuda indoor bike:
- The seat cannot adjust as much as other brands
- The weight restriction of 270lbs might be a problem if a family shares.
9. Hirollop Standing Desk Exercise Bike
Now there is a solution to the many problems that women have when it comes to work and training. This one might exceed your expectations if you thought you had seen it all—a stationary bike with an attached desk. Movement usually stands second in line after work. Now you can do both at the same time.
The quiet pedaling, no matter how fast or slow you go, makes it easy to get the blood flowing in a meeting. The price of this one is not bad at all - $300. It might not help you, in the long run, to be able to do cycling competitions, but it will definitely up your fitness level.
Pros of the Hirollop Standing Desk Exercise Bike:
- The desk and seat are adjustable
- Very quiet pedaling
Cons of the Hirollop Standing Desk Exercise Bike:
- It doesn't have many resistance levels
- Doesn’t have any monitor to track your stats
10. Schwinn AD7 Airdyne Bike
I can tell you from experience that an air bike is no joke. This full-body workout is perfect for using at home if you are crunched on time and still want to work on your fitness. It will take you a shorter time to work out and increase your fitness level.
The Schwinn Airdyne AD& has an LCD screen where you can track your stats and follow interval training programs. You can adjust the seat to your specific needs. The price is pretty high, set at $1000, but it is worth the price.
Pros of the Schwinn AD7 Airdyne Bike:
- A full-body training experience
- With the multiple hand grips, you can focus on different muscles in the upper body.
Cons of the Schwinn AD& Airdyne Bike:
- The price might be too high for an at-home bike
- No mount for a smartphone or tablet
4 Best Hybrid Bikes For Women’s Fitness
Looking for a bike you can jump on and go without worrying about the range of motion or that the bike is too heavy? Hybrid bikes are also great for improving your fitness level, as you can go for a country drive or hit the road. You can expect to pay more for these bikes.
1. Schwinn Women’s GTX 2 Hybrid Bike
This hybrid bike is perfect for women who want an all-in-one bike experience, and the lightweight frame will make it easier to maneuver. With 21-speed settings and an excellent tire grip, you can use this bike for comfort or to up your fitness.
Schwinn caters to women by selling a range of frame sizes. The bikes can occupy women from 5'0" in height, and you can replace the seat posts if you still need a longer one. This bike comes in at $550 and has a limited lifetime warranty.
Pros of the Schwinn Women’s GTX 2 hybrid bike:
- The tires are versatile, and the rims are durable
- Many speed settings for a range of uses
Cons of the Schwinn Women’s GTX 2 hybrid bike:
- The pedals make a click sound when riding
- The saddle might be uncomfortable for longer rides
2. Kent International Springdale Hybrid Bicycle
The Kent hybrid is a good option if you are all about comfort. The brakes are smooth, the seat cushioned, and the bike is lightweight, making it easy for women to carry. The styles are also feminine, and the 22-speed settings make it usable for all types of fitness levels and different terrains.
The price is $220, which is not bad for an outdoor bike. If you would like to compete, it won't be an option, but you can work on your fitness levels with this bike.
Pros of the Kent International Springdale hybrid bike:
- Comfortable seat
- Lightweight and in women’s sizes
Cons of the Kent International Springdale hybrid bike:
- You might feel the pedaling not to be smooth
- Assembly might take a while
3. Cannondale Quick CX1 Hybrid Bike
This Cannondale can be an excellent investment. With a lightweight frame, 12-speed settings, and significant parts from Shimano, you can be sure to hit your desired fitness level in no time. This bike has 40mm tires, making it easy to ride off-road. The sizes start at XS, which caters to people from 4'10", making sure to serve small women as well.
The price of this hybrid is $1400 and comes with a year’s free adjustment if purchased from REI. All bikes need to be re-adjusted after a period of using them. This add-on allows you to take your bike for a free adjustment anytime within a year from purchase and multiple times if needed.
Pros of the Cannondale Quick CX1 hybrid bike:
- It has mounts that will suit most fenders and racks so that the rider can transport it easily
Cons of the Cannondale Quick CX1 hybrid bike:
- The fork is quite heavy
4. Co-Op Cycles ADV 2.3
A great bike with many features to take you on a bumpy ride but will also be a good partner on the road. With Shimano parts, you will surely tick off durability from your list. Frame sizes start at XS, which will fit a person from 5'0".
The price of this bike is $2399, which might be a bit high for someone just looking to get fit and keep mobile. Still, if you want to start with more frequent weekly rides, you won't make a mistake considering this bike.
Pros of the Co-Op Cycles ADV 2.3:
- Many colors are available to choose from
- Easy gear changes and good braking
Cons of the Co-Op Cycles ADV 2.3:
- Low-quality paint
- Steerer Tube on the fork might be cut too short for some.
5 Best Comfort And Cruiser Bikes For Women’s Fitness
You can use comfort and cruiser bikes for commuting or visiting a friend. It is a casual option and usually doesn't need special gear to ride them. Some like to use bikes as fun, and in the meantime, you can still work on your fitness by an increased heart rate while cycling to work.
1. Schwinn Women’s Riverwalk 26″ Bike
This step-down bike is perfect for strolling the street and can quickly help you keep your fitness in check, especially if you opt for cycling rather than driving a car to go places. This Schwinn Riverwalk has an elegant look for a lady, and you can quickly get on or off with any clothes or shoes.
The price of this bike is $550, which is not bad compared to the other bikes we mentioned already. It will just depend on what your goals and needs are.
Pros of the Schwinn Women’s Riverwalk 26” Bike:
- Light aluminum frame
- Easy twist gear-shifter
Cons for the Schwinn Women’s Riverwalk 26” Bike:
- If the assembly is wrong, the parts will fall off, and you will need to repair it. Make sure that whoever assembles it does it correctly, even if it is through a shop representative.
2. Nishiki Women’s Tamarack Comfort Bike
This comfort bike is great if you aim for a better lifestyle and add bike riding to your schedule, even to the grocery store and back. With 21-gears and robust suspension, you can enjoy a ride through town or go on an excursion through the woods on the weekend.
The women's bike comes with a gel seat, is very comfortable, and has suspension under the seat that will protect you against bumps when choosing the road less traveled. The price of this bike comes in at $350, which is not bad for an all-rounder.
Pros of the Nishiki Women’s Tamarack Comfort bike:
- The gel seat is more comfortable for women
- Heat-treated steel frame that will last longer
Cons of the Nishiki Women’s Tamarack Comfort bike:
- The frame is not ideal for long-legged people
3. Schwinn Signature Women’s Largo 7 26” Cruiser Bike
This bike has a vintage look but all the comfort you would want. The 7-speed settings will help you with possible slight hills you will have to face, and the swayed back handlebars gives all the comfort.
The Largo 7 has a braking system, something most cruisers don't have, making this bike special. The price tag on this women's bike is $480 and comes with a lifetime guarantee. The REI online shop sometimes has massive sales on their bikes, and this bike is at a discount for $99 while stocks last – WHAT A BARGAIN.
Pros of the Schwinn Signature Women’s Largo 7:
- Extra padding was added to the seat, making it more comfortable for women
- Braking mechanism that usually is not added to cruiser bikes, and thus safer
4. Electra Cruiser 1 Step-Through
The Electra is a fashionista for bikes – the elegant look complements the lady riding it. With pedals lower to the ground, you can quickly stop by placing your feet on the ground. The single-speed gear takes the guesswork out of gear shifting, and you can enjoy the ride.
The Electra comes in many colors, with the "beach bronze" being the favorite. The price tag on this bike is usually $400, but you can find discounts if you keep an eye out on the REI online store.
Pros of the Electra Cruiser 1 Step-Through:
- Stylish-looking bike
- Easy access for any height person
Cons of the Electra Cruiser 1 Step-Through:
- Only a 1-speed setting; thus, you can only use it on flat surfaces.
5. Sixthreezero Beach Cruiser Bicycle
Another great option if you want a comfortable bike to move about and increase your fitness level by being more active. The foam on the handlebars gives for a more convenient grip. The seat relation to the handles is built in such a way to provide the rider with an upright position when riding, eliminating back pain.
There are exciting colors to choose from, and the price varies between $350 and $800 depending on the add-ons you want. You can add a basket or choose bikes with more than 1-speed setting.
Pros of the Sixthreezero Beach Cruiser:
- A dual spring saddle gives the rider a more comfortable ride
- The upright riding position provides more comfort for the back and shoulders.
Cons of the Sixthreezero Beach Cruiser:
- Originally comes with only the one-speed setting; you will have to pay extra for more than one.